Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sheila in Irvine CA

Al salam 3alikom wa ra7mat Allah wa barakato,

this is my first ever blog entry,
i moved to Irvine with my other half for the grad school. i was worried about wearing sheila and abaya in the US but here it comes.. my impressions and adventures

Day 1
What is like to wear hijab (sheila) in Irvine, ca. I was in Whole Foods with my husband and as i was walking through the fresh fruit stands , an American middle age woman approached me and said: you look so beautiful and so humble . then she turned to my husband and said and so you are... her face was so friendly ... sub7an Allah. as we passed through the store many looked at us with curiosity not suspicion. I think i like it in Irvine. I will update as the story goes. tomorrow i m going to home depot for the new place decor. :)

3 comments:

  1. ": you look so beautiful and so humble . then she turned to my husband and said and so you are."

    her words, her approach was very touching. I wish more non-Muslims were like that intelligent woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Alikom This brought a instant smile to my face. Masha'a'Allah. May Allah always make it easy on you and our Muslims everywhere. ameen

    welcome to the blog world. come visit me. I pray that your life is full of nice blessings. Please come join my sisters site.. www.muslimsistersunite.com

    You will be welcomed! ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies for your comments . allah yifathna

    ReplyDelete